Arrive as Guest, Leave As A Friend
Welcome to the Villa on Dunbar Rock.
Our staff strives for excellence in all things on the Rock, from the dive team to staff behind the scenes.
If there is anything we can do to make your stay here more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask one of our team members.
Within this new environment, it is our main goal to assure you that your health is our priority. We have established enhanced biosecurity measures to ensure peace of mind during your stay.
- Public areas will be cleaned and sanitized regularly. We will increase the sanitizing of all high-touch areas, such as the front desk, handrails, doorknobs, bathrooms.
- We will provide sanitizing stations throughout the resort. Guests can bring their own face coverings and will also be receiving our Care Kit, complimentary. The Care Kit will consist of a carrying case with a washable face mask, hand sanitizer, and sanitizing wipes, for the guest to keep.
- In your rooms, you will notice that certain staples such as rugs, books, paper pad & pens, have been removed in compliance with national & international safety guidelines. If you need any of the items to make your stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- All back of house areas will be cleaned and sanitized regularly, including storage areas, laundry room, and staff accommodations.
- Staff temperatures will be checked daily, prior to starting work, and will be required to wear face coverings, wash hands, and sanitize regularly.
- The pool will only be allowed to be at half-capacity of guests at any given time. We ask that guests respect social distance guidelines.
- Pool chaises, chairs & floaties will be sanitized after every use.
- We request that if the pool is used after hours, please set used items separately.
- The dive boat will be sanitized before every dive departure from the Resort.
- Divers will be spaced farther apart on the dive boat.
- There will be a reduced Diver Capacity on Boats.
- The community mask bucket, that we have all come to know, will be removed.
- Hand Sanitizer and sanitizer spray will be available.
- Surface interval snacks will be served or individually wrapped.
- High use areas will be sanitized throughout the trip.
- All Regulators, Mask, Snorkels, and BCD Inflators will be sanitized according to CDC Guidelines.
- Guest will be given new mouthpieces with each Rental Regulator
- For your peace of mind, upon check-in you will be asked how often you prefer your room serviced, may it be daily, every other day, or on specific days. If you have any questions feel free to let us know.
- Guest rooms will maintain a consistent cleaning schedule or limited at guests’ request.
- All surfaces in the guest rooms will be sanitized daily, including doorknobs, towel racks, and furniture.
Food and Beverage
- As part of biosecurity protocols, we will no longer be offering a buffet meal service.
- We will present you with PRE-ORDER MENUS twice a day:
- In the mornings during breakfast, you will pre-select from the lunch and dinner offerings.
- At dinner, we will offer the menu for the next day’s breakfast.
- If you have any special requests, please do not hesitate to let your server know.
- Coffee service & continental breakfast will be available as of 6:00 am, via our Barista.
- We are extending meal hours and are providing additional spacing between tables to adhere to Social Distancing requirements.
- All staff will be trained in CDC, NRA, and OSHA regulations to ensure a safe and hygienic environment.
- We require all staff to wear face coverings at all times.
- All kitchen and dining areas will be cleaned and sanitized before & after each meal.
We aim to make you feel at home and make your stay a memorable one. While your Dunbar Rock experience may be a little different during this time, at the end of the day it will feel the same. Our service and personalized attention that you have come to love will continue to be delivered.
As part of biosecurity protocols, we will no longer be offering a buffet meal service. In the mornings, we will present you with a PRE-ORDER MENU for Lunch and Dinner. At dinner, we will offer the menu for breakfast. If you have any special requests, please do not hesitate to let your server know.
- Coffee: A Barista will be inhouse as of 6:00 am every day.
- Breakfast 7:00 am to 8:30 am.
- Lunch 12:30 pm (or when the dive boat returns from the morning dives)
- Snack 4:30 pm
- Dinner: 6:00pm to 8:00pm
*All schedules are subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Please have your dive equipment outside your door by 7:30 am on the first day of diving. A team member will take your equipment to the boat and assemble it for you. Please notify a team member if you do NOT want us to assemble your equipment. If you have a prescription mask, please make sure to bring a container to store it in or keep it along with a dive computer not attached to your BCD, bring those down with you on your dive. Your divemaster will brief you on procedures on the first dive.
The dive boat will leave the dock at 8:30 am for the (two) morning dives, returning by approximately 12:30 pm daily. The dive boat will leave at 2:00 pm for the afternoon dive, except for Tuesday. Tuesday will be a night dive, with the boat leaving the dock at sunset.
The team will rinse and hang your equipment after each days’ diving. Please leave your equipment on the boat to ensure clean, dry equipment for the following day.
There is unlimited shore diving around the Villa. The depth is between 8ft to15 ft. If you would like to have your gear and tank ready, please inform a Dive Team Member ahead of time. It will be our pleasure to have your gear ready and make sure you are safe while enjoying our local reef.
If you wish to snorkel, please let a team member know. Most of our dive sites have fantastic snorkeling. You can also snorkel the reef around the Villa at any time. We, however, we ask that you inform a staff member to ensure any boat traffic does not affect your relaxing experience.
We have the best masseuse in Guanaja! Don Filiberto has more than 30 years of experience and will make sure you are relaxed from head to toes. Practicing heightened hygiene practices, such as wearing a mask during your treatment, sanitize massage table and fresh linens prior to your massage
If you wish to have a massage, there is a sign-up sheet at the Front Desk. 1 hr. massage is $60. Please ask a team member for details.
We provide laundry service gratuitous on the Villa. If you would like your clothes laundered and dried, please place it in the laundry bin in your room. If you place an item in the bin, no matter how small or large the load, our staff will make sure it is returned laundered and folded by the end of the day on laundry days.
There is unlimited use of the kayaks is included in your package. We ask that you let a team member know that you would like to go out on the kayak so that we can set it up for you and make sure that you are safe.
At the front desk, you can find the week and day’s activities. In the past, we have tried to provide different experiences throughout the week for our guests, such as:
A historical walking tour of Bonacca is included in your package and is typically held at 2:30 pm, before your night dive.
Picnic on a beach, between your dives.
On Friday afternoon, we host a sunset tour of the Island of Guanaja
However, due to COVID 19, for the safety of our guests, we will not be offering these activities.
We can coordinate other unique activities around Guanaja, for an additional charge, such as:
Deep sea fishing and Fly fishing
Half-day and full-day hikes to the Big Waterfall and other spots
(Please see a team member to pricing and availability to schedule these activities)
Instructions for your room safe can be found next to the safe. We do suggest you try to operate (set your code) with the door open. Remember, there is a RESET BUTTON on the inside of the door, by the hinges. If you have any issues with your safe, please contact one of the Managers or Front Desk Agent to assist you.
Honor Bar System
Our bartender will stay as long as you would like. However, if you would like a drink and our staff has gone home for the night we have an HONOR SYSTEM. You will find the “Honor Bar” Sign and a clipboard with your name a place for you to jot down what you have consumed. Our staff will add it to your bill and keep inventory Please sanitize after yourself.
Our goal at the Villa on Dunbar Rock is to allow you to have the best vacation possible. Please notify a team member if there is anything we can do to make your stay here exceptional. Remember…
” Arrive as a guest, leave as a friend.”