Honduras is open for tourism from all countries, however, there are a few things you need to know before you depart for your trip. Below we have outlined the entry requirements along with other key information about traveling to Honduras.
Testing Requirements for Entering Honduras
All travelers entering Honduras must present a Covid test that was performed with negative results. Travelers must hand-carry the negative test results for a PCR or rapid test taken less than 72 hours before entry into Honduras. Passengers must show the test results at check-in.
Accepted Tests for COVID-19:
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test in real-time.
- Rapid test with a minimum Specificity of 85%, Sensitivity of 98%
Unsure of where to get a test in your area? Visit the Rapidtest website to find a testing location that provides results within 72 hours or less for travel.
What if I recently recovered from COVID-19?
CDC does not recommend getting tested again in the three months after a positive viral test, as long as you do not have symptoms of COVID-19. If you have had a positive viral test in the past 3 months, and you have met the criteria to end isolation, you may travel instead with documentation of your positive viral test results and a letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official that states you have been cleared for travel. The positive test result and letter together are referred to as “documentation of recovery.”
One of the prerequisites for entering the country is to complete the online Immigration Pre-check Form found here: https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn/
- The form cannot be submitted until you are within 48 hours of your entry date. Before the 48-hour timeframe, you can begin the process by registering on the site, and completing the questions. However, you must wait until you are within 48-hours of arrival to actually submit the Form.
- It is recommended that you complete the form on a desktop or laptop rather than on a mobile device.
- You will receive a response via email, and you will need to print it out and carry it with you.
- Handy Tip! To make the form easier to read for the Immigration Office, we suggest you highlight your name, your pre-check #, and your date of travel.
There is a 5-page step-by-step guide to help you complete the online immigration form. Please use Chrome, Firefox or Edge to review the document. Other browsers may cause issues!
All travelers are required to:
- Wear a face covering
- Maintain social distancing
- Use hand sanitizer when instructed
- U.S. citizens are required to have a U.S. passport with at least six months validity beyond return travel dates.
- Travelers from South America or persons traveling en route from South America to Honduras will be required to show proof of the Yellow Fever Vaccination.
- Residents of all other countries should check with the Honduran Embassy for specific entry requirements.
The COVID-19 Virus has lead to many changes in travel and trip insurance. Please be sure to purchase Trip Insurance either through our trusted provider or your insurer of choice! At present, our recommendation is to purchase either the Travel SE Plan or the Travel LX Plan with our trusted insurance provider, iTravelInsured®.
Both plans include a Travel Delay benefit should you contract COVID-19 while on your trip and be required to quarantine in Guanaja. Both plans also include Emergency Medical Evacuations coverage, however, only the Travel LX Plan includes a "Cancel for Any Reason" benefit.
The team at Clark's Cay is fully prepared and capable of performing COVID testing in accordance with the newly released CDC requirements that require guests to have a negative COVID test prior to reentry into the United States.
Please note that all air passengers traveling to the US, regardless of vaccination status, are required to present a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of a positive test and doctor's letter referred to as “documentation of recovery.”